Friday, August 01, 2008

Radio

Perhaps one of the marks of a true nerd is their love of NPR. Perharps the mark of a nerdier nerd is one who calls NPR shows to comment. From time to time I am sure everyone thinks about calling a radio show and I actually have before, but I never got through. Today on my to Cali's school I got a little excited and dialed the number for "Up to Date" on KCUR. It was weird because the phone actually rang and the woman I talked to asked me what to comment on. I told her and then she told me that I was 4th and line so I might not get on. She put me on hold and I got super nervous. Fortunately I had enough time to sort of calm down so that I wouldn't sound terribly dumb. Here is the link. It is the show dated 8/1/08. Once you are there download the file because then you can fast forward. Obviously I am the caller "Jeremy from Shawnee" about 30 min or halfway into the show. Pretty nerdy, huh.

3 comments:

Paul said...

You did not sound nerdy at all. In fact, you came across as quite knowledgable. Especially when the guest agreed with you.

Amanda said...

Wow I can't believe you actually called in. That is awesome. And you sounded smart too. That was pretty gutsy. Is it going to become an addiction now? Calling in all the time to give your 2 cents to the nation?

Admin said...

hi.. im visit u...