Sunday, August 19, 2007

Change in Title

So we haved moved to an entirely different state so I had to change the title. This year I am starting back into teaching which is fantastic. I was getting to where all my knowledge was theoretical and I am glad to see if some of it actually works. I haven't started with kids yet, but have instead been getting ready by trying to get my instruments and materials all in order. There has been a lot to do because I teach at three schools and each school operates a little differently. Starting this week I also have to start kids into "the counseling process". This is where kids pick an instrument and decide if they want to be a part of band or strings. So now apparently I am a salesman...to fifth graders.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I remember that after about 60 straight months of school (on the second go around) I was also thirsting to put that stuff to work. I was fortunate to get a first job that allowed me to use all that advanced knowledge from the LLM to use (I wasn't tagging after a senior partner). So dive in head first and give us the Yo Yo Ma of tomorrow!