Sunday, August 26, 2007

Master's Degree

So I got my Master's degree yesterday! I had to go in for an oral examination to complete the degree and they passed me. When I went in one of my professors had an article he wanted me to read and compare it to another article I had already read. Then the two professors on the committee just asked me questions about things I had learned in the program and what I planned to implement into my teaching. A week before I had sent in three papers I had written and five articles I had read and they used this as a basis to ask their questions. I am so glad to be done. It was kind of an exhausting day because I decided to do the trip to Urbana there and back in one day. Fortunately Paul saved the day and decided to make the trip with me and share the driving.

When I got back I had a great surprise. Madeline had made an orange and blue cake and Madeline and Stella had made an Illini sign. Amy apparently had everyone dress up in Illini shirts and we had chinese food (orange chicken) for dinner. I have to say those ladies know how to throw a party.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I'd be proud even if I didn't know how much work this was. Now, put it to good use!